Since Valentine’s day is just around the corner, I thought I will give you some helpful ideas for presents.
Now if you are like me and have no boyfriend, and are just making gifts for girlfriends, this is for you ( and guys included!). However, I will be making a separate post on Valentine gifts for those who are married, or have a lover.
First up is cute Valentine day bookmarks.
You will need
- Pink or white envelopes or both
- Heart stencil
- pretty patterned card stock paper
Trace a heart in the corner of a envelope and cut it out. You should now have a heart with a hollow inside. This is where you will put the piece (or pieces) of paper in your bookmark.
Now it is time to doctor you bookmark as it looks a little plain. Use whatever card stock paper you have around that looks pretty and fits with Valentines. And there you have it, a pretty bookmark that will be useful for weeks to come.
Next up is a lovely Valentine Dominoes. These will be perfect for a girl gathering or to make up a game. However, they are pretty enough just to play around or to decorate the table. I found this craft project when I was researching ideas to make for my friends and co-workers. I will give the link to the creator of this project below.
What you need
1.Wood tiles. They can be purchased at a variety of craft stores. I found some on Esty for about $6 so this project is not that expensive at all.
2.Different kinds of pink paper
3. Small heart shaped puncher
Cover the tiles in the pink paper and alternate light and dark pink. You can even make this more prettier by using textured fabric.
Here is the original post for the Valentine’s day dominoes
And how can I end this post without something tasty?
Here is my favorite cookie recepie that my sister and I make, which are Shrewsbury Cakes
Butter to grease baking sheets
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3 cups flour
2 tbsp. rose water (available at health-food and import stores and at some supermarkets.)
1/2 pound butter
Extra flour for rolling out dough
Large mixing bowl
Measuring cups and spoons
Small mixing bowl
2 baking sheets
1. Preheat the oven to 375?. Lightly grease two baking sheets with butter.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour. Set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat together the egg and rose water, and then set aside.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the 1/2 pound of butter over low heat.
5. While butter is melting, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
6. Stir in enough of the melted butter to make a soft dough.
7. Sprinkle some flour onto a table or counter. Dust the rolling pin with flour, too.
8. Roll the dough to about 1/4 inch thick and cut shapes with cookie cutters. Carefully place them onto the greased baking sheets.
9. Bake the cakes 20 minutes until golden brown. Makes 12 cakes.
Now you can put the cookies into lovely Valentine style boxes or bags and give them to your friends and your coworkers.
Have a great week!
AlyssaFollow me on Social Media