In today’s post I will talk about how to be de-stressed and refreshed. Sometimes it is hard work managing a full or part-time job while trying to pursue your dream life.
When I am stressed and know that it is hindering me from accomplishing what I need to do for my dream life, I just take the whole day off of anything related to it. No writing, researching, nothing. Of course, when I first started doing this, I felt so weird, as if I wasted a whole day. I like getting everything done on my to-do list. However, when I wasn’t doing this, I did not have the right mindset and my creativity level was diminishing.
So now whenever I feel tired or burned out I just take on day off, and this really helps recharge myself and gets me excited again to work towards where I want to be in life.
So here are 5 more tips to help you be de-stressed and refreshed when life seems to be an never ending treadmill of to-do’s.
- Read and Reflect. Sometimes it helps to read other people’s journeys to their dream life. Just reading about other people’s struggles to get to the place they are know help me when I feel really tired and think that I will never get there. Also after reading take the time to reflect how far you have come. As long as you are persistently trying, then all is not lost. The only thing to do is keep moving forward, not backwards.
- Do something creative that is not related to your dream life. For instance, my dream life involves a lot of writing, researching, and blogging. So when I want to be refreshed, I do some watercolor painting, drawing, or oil painting, anything that is not researching or writing, and it just helps me get relaxed and refreshed.
- Exercise. I can’t tell you how much this has helped me clear my mind when I had a lot going on at once. Just being out in nature, away from the computer or my room helps me recharge and get ready to tackle all that needs to be done.
- Connect with friends. Telling our friends what are dreams and ambitions are can be really motivating and excite us again about our goals. I know how many times I have told my friends what I have wanted to do, then because of their knowing and my ambition to do it, I succeeded. Don’t forget the value of your friends when you are pursuing your dream life.
- Don’t beat up on yourself. You will get there in your own time. Don’t compare yourself to others and think you should be successful, earning the big bucks, etc. We all grow and develop differently, and what works for someone else might never work for you.
I hope these tips were helpful, and that you will take the time to be de-stress and refreshed, because we all know we are the most productive and creative when we are recharged mentally and physically.