I realized that I didn’t have much on elegance on my blog, so today I will give you some tips on how to be elegant in person for daily life.
For the house.
- Minimize clutter. There is nothing eye-catching of having piles of stuff that have no purpose or place. It is simply inelegant If you need help with de-cluttering and organizing, here are two books that really helped me reevaluate is Marie’s Kondo’s books,”The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up” and “Spark Joy.”
- Learn how to access an value of an item. Do not buy anything because it is cheap, but will break within weeks. This will help you minimize stuff.
- Have only one of everything. I don’t know about you, but when I was decluttering my room, I found that I had several of the same item, when only one would work just fine. I know we all get afraid of having something break, so we like to have the same thing in multiple places, but this leads to needless clutter. I have found that using one thing in a designated place really makes my life much easier and clutter-free.
- Keep your house in order. Daily maintain it. Put the dishes away, sweep the floor, etc. This will not only help you not be frazzled when unexpected guest arrived, but form daily habits of putting things away.
- Decorate your house according to your style. There is something always inviting and simply elegant when you go to a person’s home and it reflects their personality. For me, my style is a mix of shabby chic and cottage. I love mixing white with a nice light wood, and colors with a nice white backdrop. So fill your home with what you enjoy and cherish.
- Cherish your possessions. Part of being elegant is knowing what you have and using it and treating it well. An elegant home is a home that is well kept, organized and manage. One simply cannot keep a tidy and elegant home if they do not cherish and care for what they have.
I hope these tips were helpful and you will implement some into your daily life.
See you in the next post